Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fairest One


Fairest One: A Snow White Retelling (The Fairytale Prophecies Book 2) by [Linnabary, Amy]

This is my first read by Amy Linnabary and it won't be my last, especially as this is book two in the series. That means I have the pleasure of going back and reading book one. And now you know that the books can be read as stand alones and be perfectly enjoyable reads.

Think you know fairytales? Not like this one.

Ms. Linnabary gives a refreshing take on the classic princess fairytales by turning them modern and giving a girlssuper powers. How awesome is that?

The writing is strong. The pacing is consistent. The characters are deep.
Romance is in the air, 'cause what's a princess without a prince? Even if they both aren't royalty. There are some satisfying teen kisses in the mix, along with fun side characters (Jamie!).

Can't wait for the next in the series and how the princesses will conquer the evil, wand carrying  mystery woman.


Amazon
What if fairytales weren't just stories, but modern-day prophecies?

My name is Rosa.
My parents abandoned me as a baby and left me to rot in the foster system. 
I live with seven foster brothers. 
I just wanted to disappear. 
I am Snow White.

Oh, and I have superpowers. 

I had accepted my life until my stepmom showed up and asked me to live with her. Now I can’t help but wonder what having a family might be like. Even if it means abandoning the boys that I care for. But when visions I've had start to come true, I can’t justify leaving. 

Just when I think I’m alone, a strange girl from California shows up and tells me I’m the princess prophesied about in the fairytale, Snow White.

Now I must decide to either trust these strangers to save my loved ones, or keep my secrets hidden so no one can hurt me again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment