Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Christmas Makeover


The Christmas Makeover : A Christmas Central Romantic Comedy Short Story by [Mickelson, Caroline]

I bought this one after enjoying Miss Kane's Christmas. I noted that it was a short story and so would be shorter in length than the previously read novella, which I was totally fine with.

While I enjoyed the premise of the story and the interaction of the characters, I was disappointed by the plot hole in the middle. There was an illusion to Dean having a plan to get Jackie back but then suddenly it's the clan at the North Pole reuniting Dean and Jackie. This left me wanting. I think there was an opportunity for Ms. Mickelson to let us see both of their angst and show us Dean's plan to win Jackie. Or its failure to do so and then have the Claus clan step in. This could've been done within the short story confines of the format or I'd have been happy to have it expanded to a novella.

With the characters as well thought out and emotionally involved I would've liked more.

Still a clean and wholesome yuletide read.

Amazon

With the countdown to Christmas underway, interior designer Jackie Frost is surprised to receive an urgent phone call from Santa Claus requesting her help. Once at the North Pole, Jackie gets swept up into Santa's crazy plan to makeover Christmas Central as a surprise for Mrs. Claus.

Several things test Jackie's devotion to the Claus family as the renovations get underway, not the least of which is having to work alongside master craftsman Dean Bradshaw. Dean is handsome, smart, funny, and he has an absolute gift for building things. But what worries Jackie is what he's taking apart, namely the walls she's built up around her heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment