Thursday, September 16, 2021

Courting Eliza

I give it 2.5 stars. 

I honestly debated whether to review or not because I don't like to leave negative reviews. After reading others reviews, I decided mine is in keeping what others have said. 

This is a clean and wholesome romance regency style. If that's what you're looking for, you'll be happy with the story. It is on the whole, a lovely little story, though some scenes could use more emotional depth. 

Here's where I was challenged in regards to finishing the book, which I did, because I nearly stopped reading multiple times. There are too many good books in the world to spend time on a book that's not suited to your taste. 

There were typos/errors on every page, ranging from one to five per page! I know, because I marked every single one of them. I ultimately finished the book just to see if the trend carried to the last page, not because of the story. This isn't why authors want to a reader to finish a book, to see how poor a job they did. 

I did check Amazon for an updated version. There isn't one. 

I suspect that in the author's haste to get the book out quickly, she forwent having it properly edited or at the least proofread. This was a mistake. 

As the book has been out for two years and multiple reviews for this book mentioned the errors, I can only assume the author has neither the inclination nor the time to correct the manuscript. Sad. 

I'm unlikely to read another book by this author due to these issues. 


Eliza is in love with her best friends’ brother...

But can William see her as more than a friend?

Eliza takes her future into her own hands. It is time Eliza finds someone to love her, even if she has to give up her longing for William.

William returns home from his studies and he’s intrigued by this new Eliza, his sister’s best friend.

When Eliza disappears to her aunts, William takes action. Can William capture her heart?




No comments:

Post a Comment