Thursday, April 5, 2012

Love for OBX

Here are a few reasons I love the Outer Banks (or OBX, that's in North Carolina for those of you not familiar with the term) in no particular order . . .

BEACH! That in and of itself is enough for me - the sound of the surf, the feel of the sand giving me nature's pedicure, a good storm and finding random sea wildlife, shells and a good walk on the beach (sigh). Watching my kids and their cousins play, swim, boogie board, dig pits, make sand castles, etc.

Kites!

The Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk

The Aquarium in Monteo

Jockey Ridge State Park (kites and sledding/surfing down sand dunes)

Currituck Light House - come climb 214 steps to the top with me!

Professor Hacker's Mini Golf (love it when I get a hole in one!)

Food: Barefoot Bernies, The Black Pelican, The Bad Bean, Stack 'Em High, Rita's

Shopping

Movies: good for all, just kids or just adults

Time to READ! (a really good book, esp. at the beach is Regina Sirois' On Little Wings - more about this in a future blog) and Write!

I am a happy girl when at the beach. Now, if only I could convince my hubby to buy a beach house (that's unlikely).

What's your fave beach & what do you like to do there?



1 comment:

  1. Sounds heavenly! We are heading back to naples florida in May to enjoy lover's key beach where the sand feels like flour and there are so many sand dollars you would be rich if they really had monetary value! I love the quiet of the gulf and the dolphins. I've always wanted to try the outer banks, too! Just keep sinking your toes in the sand and loving it!

    ReplyDelete