Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Be Brave & Meet the Lorax

Be Brave & Meet the Lorax

So, let's kick off the summer with a few family friendly films. (Nice alliteration huh?)

BRAVE

Disney/Pixar's summer film doesn't disappoint, although the storyline didn't go quiet as I expected. There are alot of bears. Bear, hmm, didn't we do that in Brother Bear. Still, ya gotta love Merida's hair, her sneaky brothers, her hilarious father and loving but strict mum. It's all about being brave enough to be yourself and really isn't that what we are constantly trying to teach our kids. Everything about you is wonderful, but please follow the rules. You're very likely to add this to your DVD collection. And yes, you can take your four year old without emotional scarring. I did. I wonder how many red headed people we'll see walking around now.

Dr. SEUSS'S THE LORAX

So, I had no idea going into this that it was a musical. How fun! I love musicals! And this stuff was well written & performed. Big kudos to the artists for creating such an amazing world of cinematography. State of the art stuff. A great message on doing the right thing and saving the earth, even if you are just trying to impress a girl ,without it being shoved down your throat and leaving behind a bad taste like Happy Feet did. So, I'm big on having the right voices for the cast and I love these actors. I did find it ironic, that with this being a musical and having Zac Efron and Taylor Swift as the man characters neither of them sing. Why couldn't they at least sneak in a quick duet? Still a lovely watch and totally family friendly. Long live the Lorax!

3 comments:

  1. We haven't seen the Lorax yet--the kids haven't been really asking about it. Of COURSE I took the kids to see brave--I was surprised by the bears too. But still, it was really cute and had me in tears by the end. No surprise there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see Brave. Thought we were going to be able to see it Monday, but things didn't work out. Hopefully this weekend. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm out of it as far as kids movies go but my grandkids will be visiting soon so I appreciate the review. Movies are often a great way to "read" a book in two hours.

    ReplyDelete