Thursday, July 26, 2012
Ok, so back in the beginning of July, Renae, a fellow blogger, tagged me on her blog http://www.renaeswritespot.blogspot.com
as a winner of the Liebster Award. It is for fledgling bloggers like me who have less than 200 followers. I certainly fall into that catergory. I'm am honor bound to answer a few questions about me and tag a few other bloggers who are in need of the Liebster love. So, here we go.
The rules:1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post. (I'm just going to list 5. If you fall into this category, feel free to contact me and I'll add you.)
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs
1. Only child with 3 sisters and I am the baby (go try to figure that one out).
2. Wife of a pediatrician.
3. Mother of two (age 8 in 1 day and age 4)
4. Spent two years as a vocal performance major at Salem College in Winston-Salem, NC
5. BA in Musical Theater from UNLV (that's Vegas baby!)
6. Spent summer semesters abroad in college in Italy and Spain (I have to live in a country to speak the language well).
7. Spent nearly 3 years as Desdemona singing for her supper as a gondolier at the Venetian in Vegas.
8. Grew up in Arlington, VA
9. Had a fish and cat growing up.
10. Never thought I'd write a book.
Extra fun fact: I've been every natural color there is. My faves were red with blond and blond with purple.
Questions Renae asked that I answer:
1. How long have you been blogging?
Since Feb. 2012
2. Why did you start up a blog?
Same as Renae. Writers told me to get a blog following before trying to get published.
3. What has been your weirdest experience with blogging?
I don't have one.
4. What is your favorite book?
Okay, that's just too hard. See the next answer.
5. Who is your favorite author?
Jane Austen. I love all her stuff. I enjoy the movies too esp. as there are several versions of each book.
6. What do you want to be when you grow up/what is your profession?
So, I'd like to do community theater again, continue as a writer, and figure out how to get certified as a professional organizer (like for your house, not an organization event coordinator.)
7. How many books do you think you might have?
I actually try to only own paper books I love and will read over and over again, so not that many. I'd say <200 which includes the med books and church literature. Otherwise, I'd have tons and they'd fill up the house! Plus with an e-reader there's plenty of room. I do know we have over 200 movies! (I counted them when we moved in Nov.)
8. Do you prefer reading a proper book or a ebook?
In general, I love a paper book, but I read something from my Nook everyday.
9. If you could choose to live one character's life in a book, who would it be?
Not surprisingly, I'll take Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice, but I'd also like Hermione Granger from Harry Potter too.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 10 items would you want to have with you?
1. People I love. Is it really a deserted island if you take the people you love with you? Because that would fill up my island pretty quickly.
2. Unlimited food & supplies.
3. Unlimited fresh water.
4. Transportation off the island by air. (I get sea sick, so the boat is sort of out.)
5. Internet access/Computer
6. Nook or Kindle
9. A really awesome place to live (not the grass hut) that is totally 'green' and would not destroy my tropical paradise
10. Ipod fully loaded
1. What is one of the best books you've read?
2. What is one of the worst books you've read?
3. What are you reading right now?
4. If you could interview an author (living or dead) who would it be?
5. Why do you blog?
6. What started you writing?
7. Describe one of your cooking catasrophes.
8. What was the scariest moment you've had?
9. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
10. What do you hope to inspire those around you to do?
I am tagging the following people and their blogs.
Marsha: www.marshaward.blogspot.com or www.charactersinmarthashead.blogspot.com
So, whose new blog did you like checking out?