Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pride's Prejudice

I love Jane Austen and I love this book by Misty Dawn Pulsipher!  It is a fun RomCom take on the classic Pride and Prejudice. Love the characters, the change up of the names and situations.

The writing, besides being believably fantastic, is what I would call steamy clean (or is it clean steamy?). For a novel you'd typically label as the bedroom door 'shut' we're in and out of a lot of bedrooms, not to mention the sleeping bags, but still there's really nothing going on in there but sleeping and a few kisses. Just struck me as funny.

Love all the twist ups!  (Did I mention that already?)

Okay, I'm gushing, I know. I think you get the point. I'd definitely read this one again. I need to go back and take notes on how to write steamy clean.

So glad this one came into my Austen loving hands! The rumor is Ms. Pulsipher may attempt another Austen twist up. I sure hope so! It will instantly go on my Nook! Plus, I'm hopeful about meeting this awesome author in the near future.

Anyone else got a good Austen knock off they recommend?

http://www.amazon.com/Prides-Prejudice-ebook/dp/B00CYQDTVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383183845&sr=8-1&keywords=pride%27s+prejudice#_

Beth Pride really can’t stand William Darcy: he snubbed her at the Hartford College Children’s Benefit Auction; he has an infuriating propensity for pushing her buttons; his actions are frequently at odds with his words; and even his melting chocolate eyes and impressive physique don’t quite make up for his deficient personality.

Beth’s plan to avoid William backfires when her roommate falls for his best friend. As the unlikely duo are thrown together time and again, Beth begins to second guess her earlier assumptions about William.

Will Pride’s prejudice keep her from a happy ending, or will Beth discover that first impressions aren’t always what they seem?

No comments:

Post a Comment