Thursday, January 15, 2015

Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake is the final installment in the Sadie Hoffmiller culinary mystery series. After 12 books it all comes to an end. Tear. 

Ms. Kilpack posts a serious warning at the beginning of this book that you need to have read the previous 11 books to understand this one as many old characters reappear. I would agree. You will probably be lost and not understand all of the relationships without the knowledge of the other books. Besides, who wants to miss all that yummy murder mystery! 

There is danger, suspense, a wedding, and all the usual delights I've come to expect with this series. This last book doesn't disappoint. Sadie once more fights for her life, but this time for all of her family as well. No one is safe. Sit down with a delicious snack, a big glass of water, and read it all in one go! 

Then, when you are done, pick up a copy of Sadie's Little Black book of recipes. It has all the ones from the books, plus bonus recipes all in one place. I've already added it to my recipe book shelf. It'll be easier to reach for then running upstairs to look at the series of books and try to remember which one the recipe I want to make came from! 

With this being the conclusion of this series, I am sad to lose an author whom I test kitchen for. My family has greatly benefited from trying lots of new recipes over the past 8 books I've had the pleasure of being a willing guinea pig in the test kitchen. If anyone is looking for a test kitchen participant, direct them my way. I love doing it! 


Didn't I tell you you'd never be free of me?
When Sadie Hoffmiller receives a threatening, anonymous text message just days before her wedding, she is determined not to let it interfere with the celebration she has carefully planned for months. But when the threat changes from a distant fear to a frightening reality, Sadie realizes just how much she is underestimated the situation. Desperate to put an end to the game she has been forced to play, Sadie, her fiancé, Pete, and her children pull out all the stops resolved to stop running and see justice done. What they do not know, however, is just how far Sadies nemesis is willing to go and just how many people may be hurt in the process. There is no turning back for anyone in this riveting conclusion to the twelve-volume series, and the question becomes whether or not Sadie will have a future left when the game finally comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment