Monday, October 17, 2016

Vocal Crush WON a RONE!!!

Vocal Crush won a 2016 RONE award for 
Best Contemporary Sweet Romance!!!

I'm super grateful to have my efforts recognized by In D'Tale Magazine and a hefty piece of glass to set on my desk. :)

My trip to Burbank to the In D'Scribe Con was a new experience and education in the various genres of romance authors write. I had the opportunity to attend some excellent classes and meet some wonderful writers. Romance genres don't create boundaries, people do. I roomed with some amazing women, Lindzee Armstrong and Jaclyn Weist. Both are excellent authors. Go get their books!


Lindzee Armstrong

Jaclyn Weist

I wore a fantastic costume to the first ball. I added the wig and mask for pennies. Thank goodness all the stores are stocked with Halloween fare!



And my little black dress to the second. Where I got snagged by Debra Holland to pose with the male models. That is a story all it's own.




















These people are serious about their parties. I dressed up every night. The last night was the black tie/red carpet affair: The RONE Gala.

I took a pic with the sweetest writer: Rachel Jones. She is truly a Georgia Peach!



And that's when I became an award winning author. I hope that doesn't give me writer's block!


I had the opportunity to share this moment with my sister whom I hadn't seen in 9 years as we live on opposite coasts. Love this woman! She inspires me.

I loved having 4 days to spend in San Diego with her and her family after the conference. I hope it won't be 9 years before I see them again.


It's time to gear up for National Novel Writing Month aka NaNo in the writing community. Not sure I'm going to succeed this year with so many days unavailable to write for really good reasons: family.

Plus, I'm having trouble deciding what to write about! More contemporary? A series? Regency? A modern twisted fairytale? So many options! Time to pick one and get outlining.

Please submit my latest book, On the Corner of Heartache and Love, for a Whitney Award:

Whitney Nomination

Thanks for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment