Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rocky Road Contest Winner!

Thanks to all participated. It's been a sweet couple of weeks at our house taste testing.

It was a tough choice, but the winner is Renae with a recipe for Fudge.

Congratulations!

Here's what I thought of Rocky Road. Josi Kilpack does it again. Another winner winner chicken dinner.

We follow Sadie to St. George for a girls trip to walk for breast cancer, Except, I don't think Sadie actually ever makes it to the event. There's a mysterious disappearance of a doctor in the way.

For me, this story focused more on Sadie's internal journey and was less dramatic in the mystery solving department. There was less of guns and being locked in small spaces and running for her life. I'm not complaining about this. It was nice to have a story where Sadie isn't being swirled in the raging storm, but more like in the center of a storm where it's calm. I also liked how she couldn't run to Pete for opinions or insider police info. This one was pure Sadie. Yes, she calls in a small favor from her son near the end, but for the most part, she's using her own instincts and research. My favorite surprise character was the police officer. You'll know who I mean when you meet him. He's awesome!

If you've been following Sadie for a while now, you'll want to read this one too. If you haven't, these books can also be read as stand alones so you're good to read too.

As always, you'll find some delicious recipes inside.

In the next one, I hope we get to see the wedding and she gets through her honeymoon without a dead body. But you never know what Josi will write. That's the fun of reading her books!

http://www.amazon.com/Rocky-Road-Culinary-Mystery-Mysteries/dp/1609075935/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379284540&sr=1-1&keywords=rocky+road+kilpack

Enjoy the winning recipe from my blog contest below.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Renae!! Fun contest and post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! I'm excited to be the winner and add to my collection of Josi's books.

    ReplyDelete