Tuesday, May 27, 2014

X-men Days of Future Past

I've been a fan of the X-men films since the beginning. I don't read the comic books so don't judge my review against what happens in those. I have no idea what happens in those.

This movie ROCKS!

It twists, turns, and keeps you guessing the whole time. I loved the script! Thank you to the screen writers! If they don't do a good job, then it doesn't matter as much about how awesome the actors and special effects are if the story line makes you want to cry because it's so shallow.

I won't give anything away about the plot because I don't want to ruin it in any way.

And let me just say, the special effects and actors are spectacular. I was riveted to my seat. Love seeing people who have played roles in multiple films keep bringing more to the table instead of just the same-old same-old and not digging deep to add to what you love about the characters while still staying true to the character.

Did you follow all that? I'm not sure I did. Anyways . . .

This is the summer blockbuster that is worth the splurge to see in the theater! I even got to see it on opening day! Love that 10am showing. Stay to the end of the credits, there's a 30 second scene there that I have no idea how to interpret. If you do, send me a message.

In short: GO SEE IT!

Long live X-men!

Did this film live up to your expectations?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment