Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Independence Day

Right, so every 4th of July I get the hankering to watch this old school film.

What's not love? We've got Will Smith, Harry Connick Jr., Vivaca Fox, Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman all trying to reunite with loved ones while trying to save the world from an alien invasion.

Doesn't that just scream America?

Okay, so maybe if I was more of a historical girl, I'd force my family sit down and watch the movie musical 1776, which would be more in keeping with the spirit of the day. But I think they'd take a cue from our forefathers and stage a revolution where I'd go down like the British.

Now I've got to go hunt down a DVD version since my VCR one went the way of the Dodo.

What movie do you like to watch to celebrate the 4th of July?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we'll beat the heat and hang out in a cool movie theater if they have something appealing. Otherwise, National Treasure is always a good one.
    Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete