Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Total Recall

This is the remake of the 1980's version and stars Colin Ferrell, Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale. I watched it off TV so if the original was more than PG-13 I only watched a PG-13 version of it.

It's rated that way for violence, language and a few shirts left off.

It has an Inception vibe to it and I was never totally sure whether the entire thing was made up and inside his head or some of it was real and some was made up. Totally mind boggling that way.

My previous exposure to Colin Ferrell is total villain so seeing him play the underdog was a nice change. Good to see that the has more than one mode of acting.

In a fight, I'd always pick Kate Beckinsale over Jessica Biel. That girl has some moves!

The graphics and action are over the top non stop with very few breathers in between so be ready. That's not a bad thing.

Storyline is plausible, minus being able to pass through the core of the earth. I think if we could do that we'd just be able to leave the planet.

Also a nice cameo by the guy who plays Sulu in the new Star Trek franchise.

Worth a view: Yes.

Worth a buy: No. It's not one I'd watch over and over again but a good way to pass a weekend night.

Did you see it? What is your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment