Tuesday, October 22, 2013

X Men First Class

So, it's not a new movie, but I hadn't seen it yet. We don't own it. We own all the others and Wolverine flicks but not this one.

It was fun to see how the X Men team evolved and tied it into the Cuban missile crisis in this prequel to the franchise. We see certain characters beginnings and others we never hear from again. Shame, because some of the mutants' powers were really cool and worth having show up again in the franchise, like Havoc for example.

While I could easily identify some actors, James McAvoy, others I'm sorry to say took me longer. It took me a good 20 minutes to identify Jennifer Lawrence. The blond hair threw me. Same with the guy playing Hank. I've been seeing his movie career in reverse it seems: Warm Bodies, Jack the Giant Slayer and now this. I know I've seen the Darwin kid somewhere too.

I applaud the way the cinematographer made the film look like it was shot in the 1970s. It has this pseudo grainy quality. You'll also find a typical X Men storyline (including a Hugh Jackman cameo of 2 words) and special effects. A fun action flick for a weekend.

Worth a watch: Yes.

Worth a buy: I can line without owning it.

I have trouble picking one, but what's your favorite XMen movie?

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see you do a post rating your top 10 favorites of the year, of a genre, etc. Viewing recommendations are always helpful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete