Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Jack the Giant Slayer

I thought this film was cool and clever.

Story wise you can see the end from the beginning, but really when you think about it, that can be said of most films, but that doesn't take away from the film itself. They set up the story well by introducing the main characters, conflict and history you need to know all within the first 5-10 minutes and then it's just all about the adventure from there on out.

Great graphics, cast (good names here. I'm a fan of Ewan McGregor and Ian McShaine, not to mention the rising Nicholas Hoult - think Warm Bodies), etc.

The long and short of it all is: I liked it. I would watch it again. I would even consider owning it. I think my 9 year old will like it when she turns 13 and is old enough to watch it.

It is PG-13 for fantasy violence - it is a movie about taking over kingdoms after all and giants eating people. There's no nudity or language and only one short kiss. Pretty clean as films go.

Worth a view: Absolutely.

Worth a buy: Very possible

What's a good fantasy flick you've seen lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment